For the Good of the Gulf: UNC Law Winter/Spring Break Pro Bono Project

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Calling all Heels

I can't pretend to know what the city was like before the hurricane (beyond a very touristy visit in the fifth grade), but it is obvious that the drastic effects of Katrina on the city are just beginning to heal, and it is going to be a long, hard road to health. Our small contribution to a broken legal system was truly a drop in the bucket. However, we met many very dedicated professionals who realize what they are up against and are ready for the challenge. I think it will be a daunting task, and I encourage any UNC law students reading this to take advantage of the spring break trip or other future trips. You will not be disappointed.

I expected to be affected by this trip, but I had no idea that I would be infected by a deep respect and admiration for the city and its residents. I can't wait to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home